Our small guide to the city
LUMIERE! THE INVENTION OF CINEMA. Sottopasso di Piazza Re Enzo. 25th june 2016 – 5th march 2017
An exhibition conceived and curated by the Institut Lumière of Lyon, and brought outside France for the very first time. The story of the family that invented the Cinématographe: Antoine, painter and photographer, his two sons Louis and Auguste, so capable that, when still adolescents, they take the reins of the family business.
DALI’ EXPERIENCE. Palazzo Belloni 25th november – 7th may
About 200 works of art, from “The Dali Universe” Collection, one of the richest testaments to Dali’s artistic history, will be the main attractions on an interactive and multimedia journey that invites the visitor on an engaging and participatory experience.
HUGO PRATT and CORTO MALTESE. 50 anni di viaggio nel mito. Palazzo Pepoli 4th november 2016 – 19th march 2017.
Over 400 works by Hugo Pratt, including drawings, water colours, Indian ink drawings, magazines and rarities and all the 164 original plates for “Una balata del mare salato” (A Ballad of the Salt Sea), a classic of comic strip literature in which Corto Maltese made his debut
FRIDA KHALO AND MEXICAN ART OF XX SEC.Palazzo Albergati. 29 novembre 2016 – 26 marzo 2017
An incredible, moving and exciting tale.
Throught the exhibition of Gelman collection, in whitch shines Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, is told the “Mexican reinassance” (1920-1960).
Top Ten things to do in Bologna
- Climb the towers for a breathtaking selfie
- Visit the Sette Chiese in Santo Stefano Square
- Form Two Towers to the Sanctuary of San Luca, always under the porticos
- A pic nic in Giardini Margherita
- Enjoy Bologna by night: Via del Pratello, Mercato dell Erbe and Via Zamboni
- Get lost in the smells and the flavors of the old market
- Look at Nettuno’s Fountain, from the right side
- Visit the Alma Mater’s Univeristy, the oldest in Europe
- Three steps in the places of culture: Archiginnasio, Mambo and Palazzo Poggi
- Come back to Hotel Pallone for another top 10